Use of this Site
Conquest Recruitment Group provides you access to the Conquestrg.com.au website to help you at every stage of the recruitment process and offer you other specialist services in many industries.
You will not use the Site for, or to encourage, any unlawful purpose; nor post or transmit on the Site inaccurate, incomplete or false information (including in the case of candidates, biographical information about yourself and/or information about your ability to work in Australia or elsewhere); nor will you post or transmit on the Site any libellous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene or otherwise objectionable material. You confirm that you will not post or transmit on the Site any material which contains any virus or other disabling devices which interferes or may interfere with the operation of the Site; or which alters or deletes any information which you have no authority to alter or delete; or which overloads the Site by spamming or flooding it. You will not use any device, routine or software to crash, delay, or otherwise damage the operation of this Site. You further confirm that you will not take any action that affects Conquest Recruitment Group reputation or that defames, abuses, harasses or threatens others.
Collection of your personal information
1.1. Conquest Recruitment Group collects personal and sensitive information in a number of ways, including through:
- (1.a) online and hard copy registration and application forms filled in by you to facilitate the provision of services by Conquest Recruitment Group;
- (1.b) the Conquest Recruitment Group website;
- (1.c) third party online sites where you have chosen to submit your information to us for recruitment services;
- (1.d) fax and other electronic means;
- (1.e) information from third parties, including results of inquiries that we might make of your current or former employers, work colleagues, professional associations, registration bodies, insurance providers, and criminal or disciplinary bodies; and
- (1.f) results of any competency, medical test or background check.
1.2. If you do not provide us with the information we require, we may be limited in our ability to:
- (2.a) locate suitable work for you; and
- (2.b) to place you in work.
We usually collect personal information (including sensitive information) from you when you are applying to work or if you are a prospective or current service user or job seeker.
We sometimes collect personal information from a third party such as a recruitment agency, education provider, government agency or your authorised representatives.
We also collect personal information through our websites and social networking services such as Facebook and Twitter. We use this information to improve our website and receive feedback from the community.
When you use or register with the Site, we may ask for certain Personal Information that will assist us to provide you with a service that meets your needs and circumstances. We may also collect Personal Information from you through the Candidate Registration Form, through interviews, tests, CVs resumes and references, or when you submit your CV through the Site or through a third party site. The categories of Personal Information we may collect include your name and contact information (email, address and phone number). Depending on the nature of your inquiry or activities on the Site, we may also collect information about your job search criteria and preferences, your employment experience, educational history, your expectations, skills, personality, salary, references information, background information, and other information contained in your resume, and any login ID and password created by you. For candidates who have previously been registered with, such persons may enter, at their discretion, their employee ID to facilitate the registration process.
After your successful registration with the Site, you will be able to access, review and change your Personal Information through the Review Profile feature of the Site. If at any time you wish to delete your Personal Information from the Site, please contact us by sending a message to the email address below. We will take reasonable steps to delete information in response to such a request.
Sharing of your personal information
2.1. We may disclose your personal information (including to trusted third parties) for the purposes for which it is primarily held or for a related secondary purpose and in some cases we may only disclose information with your consent.
2.2. You consent to Conquest Recruitment Group disclosing your personal and sensitive information to the authorised personnel of Conquest Recruitment Group and to:
- (2.a) potential and actual employers, clients of Conquest Recruitment Group and trusted third parties;
- (2.b) referees;
- (2.c) external providers of workplace training and induction;
- (2.d) Conquest Recruitment Group’s insurers;
- (2.e) a professional association or registration body with a legitimate interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information;
- (2.f) a workers compensation body; and
- (2.g) any other person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information.
2.3. These third parties may contact you directly for a specific purpose, and provide us with information collected from you in the course of providing the relevant products or services.
2.4. We make it clear to the above individuals and organisations that they are required to use your personal and sensitive information in accordance with this policy.
We may disclose your personal information to any of the organisations that we deal with in the ordinary administration of business including government departments/agencies, the Australian Government, professional advisors, information technology service providers, educational institutions, health care professionals and community based services that assist us to deliver services.
We don’t disclose sensitive information about you unless you agree, or would reasonably expect us to.
We don’t disclose personal information to third parties located overseas without your consent and in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
Conquest Recruitment Group will not disclose any of your information to third parties without your consent.
Information collected through third-party plug-ins and widgets on the Sites (such as information relating to your use of a social media sharing tool) is collected directly by the providers of the plug-ins and widgets. This information is subject to the privacy policies of the providers of the plug-ins and widgets, and Conquest Recruitment Group is not responsible for those providers’ information practices.
Security , Passwords and Protecting Your Personal Information
3.1. Conquest Recruitment Group stores personal and sensitive information in a combination of secure computer based storage facilities and paper based files and records. Conquest Recruitment Group generally uses accepted technology and security so that it is satisfied that personal and sensitive information is transmitted safely to it through the internet or other electronic means.
3.2. Conquest Recruitment Group will use its reasonable endeavours to protect your personal and sensitive information from misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, modification or loss. Conquest Recruitment Group’s officers, employees, agents and third parties are required by Conquest Recruitment Group to observe the confidentiality of your personal and sensitive information.
3.3.Conquest Recruitment Group may be required to maintain its records of your personal and sensitive information for a significant period of time. Where Conquest Recruitment Group no longer requires personal information it has collected and stored and is not required by or under an Australian law, or an order of a court or tribunal, to retain the information, Conquest Recruitment Group will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to destroy the information or to ensure that the information is no longer identifiable personal or sensitive information.
Accessing your personal information
4.1. Conquest Recruitment Group must respond to a request by you to access your information within a reasonable period after the request is made. Conquest Recruitment Group, in its discretion, may refuse to grant you access to your information to the extent that such denial is permitted by the APPs. If Conquest Recruitment Group refuses your request to access your information, Conquest Recruitment Group must put in writing:
- (1.a) where reasonable, give reasons for the refusal;
- (1.b) notify you of the mechanisms to complain about the refusal; and
- (1.c) inform you of any other matter prescribed by privacy law regulations.
If you ask, in most cases we must give you access to the personal information that we hold about you, and take reasonable steps to correct it if we consider it is incorrect. We will try to make the process as simple as possible.
We offer you certain choices in connection with the personal information we collect about you and how we communicate with you. To update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists, exercise your rights or submit a request, please contact us as indicated in the “Contact Us” section of our website. To the extent provided by the law of your jurisdiction, you may request access to the personal information we maintain about you or request that we correct, amend, delete or block the information by contacting us as indicated below. Where provided by law, you may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us or object at any time on legitimate grounds to the processing of your personal information, and we will apply your preferences going forward.
How we use your personal information
5.1.Conquest Recruitment Group collects and holds personal and sensitive information about you for the purposes of:
- (1.a) facilitating the provision of services by Conquest Recruitment Group;
- (1.b) matching you with suitable employments or assignments;
- (1.c) performance appraisals;
- (1.d) assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects;
- (1.e) any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo;
- (1.f) any workplace rehabilitation;
- (1.g) management and resolution of any complaint, inquiry or investigation in which you are involved;
- (1.h) any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information;
- (1.i) undertaking criminal reference checks;
- (1.j) for research, development, business systems and infrastructure testing, and other business purposes to assist us in providing our services to you;
- - conducting anonymous voluntary surveys in order to gain feedback on matters related to Conquest Recruitment Group and improve the services
- - provided by Conquest Recruitment Group;
- - Conquest Recruitment Group’s administrative functions;
- - supporting and managing password protected, member-only access to the Conquest Recruitment Group website and other
- - Conquest Recruitment Group online platforms;
- - supporting and managing Conquest Recruitment Group’s database of service users’ information;
- (1.k) career guidance and management;
- (1.l) identification of your training needs;
- (1.m) informing you of possible work opportunities, relevant candidates, or other events such as training or information sessions; and direct marketing.
5.2. Sensitive information can, in most cases, only be disclosed with your consent. Conquest Recruitment Group may use sensitive information for the primary purpose of collection or a directly related secondary purpose of collection as outlined herein, but will only do so with your prior consent. Your consent is given when you knowingly supply sensitive information to us.